Sunday, January 14, 2018

Gun rights alliance interview #2: @ShamashAran talks about being an LGBT shooter


DonB: I'm still working out the format for these posts, so please bear with me. Late last week, I sent @ShamashAran the same 3 questions I asked Michael Woodward last week. Here are her responses:

Sorry, I Completely forgot about this, Life got away with me.

"What have your interactions in the gun community been like? Do you feel that you have been welcomed as a shooter?"

I've honestly never had any real problems other than good natured ribbing.  Gun nuts I know would be more offended if I open-carried a hi-point than by anyone I went home with for a date.  There's a bit of good natured innocent fascination that you can't be offended by either. 

"How can the gun community reach out to a variety of shooters?"

The answer to this would lead to a very long political rant.  All i really want o say is, if we expect people to be tolerant of LGBT folks, we need to be tolerant of people that disagree with our political views.  Everyone's a human.

"How can we collaborate politically to protect our rights, given that the simple suggestion of "voting Republican" might not be workable for all people"

You have to be willing to talk to people you disagree with.  Even if they are stupid.
For example, gun controllers all have fears stoked by ignorance.  The only way you fix that is to cure the ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment